Latin 1 Year 1 - Henle Latin
- Advances English vocabulary
- 60% of English language composed of Latin derivatives
- Increases SAT verbal scores
- Strengthens English grammar, translation, thinking and writing skills
- Eases the study of Romanic languages, such as French, Spanish, and Italian
Henle Latin 1 encompasses all 5 declensions, 1st and 2nd adjectives and 1st conjugation verbs.
Grammar concepts are presented at an appropriate pace with clear delivery for the students in the class. Students are expected to memorize vocabulary, Latin endings, and Grammar rules from the Latin Grammar; derivatives are discussed with vocabulary and diagramming of sentences using the Shurley Grammar method. There is a review of vocabulary and concepts at the end of each unit. This class equips the student's ability to memorize and organize information, bridging the understanding of sophisticated English vocabulary words and their historical significance in Roman history.
All other materials can be purchased at www.christianbook.com